Ubisense Tool Management
Locate, coordinate and control the use of tools in real-time across both indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Instantly find tools with customizable searches and an easy-to-use, browser-based map to reduce wasted search time.
- Improve process efficiency by correctly staging tools and equipment for your processes.
- Create alerts for tools based on status or location, such as tools overdue maintenance, stored incorrectly or roaming outside of designated zones.
- Use dashboards to measure tool utilization over time and within spaces, and ensure adherence to maintenance or calibration schedules.
Complex, manual processes depend on the availability of the right tools and equipment, in the right place at the right time. Often tools are staged incorrectly or not returned to storage areas, putting them at risk of being lost or damaged.
Ubisense Tool Management reduces wasted search time and helps coordinate the correct staging of equipment.
- Quickly find tools on a digital map of your facility
- Create searches based on tool location and status
- Easily see the real-time location and status of all tools
Track Tool Status and Usage
The use of high-value shared equipment can be uncoordinated, causing increased costs and errors from inefficient or incorrect use of equipment.
Ubisense Tool Management can ensure important maintenance and calibration schedules are met and tools are staged and used correctly, improving quality and utilization.
- Easily create alerts for tools or equipment due (or overdue) maintenance or calibration but still in use
- Use dashboards of actual tool use overtime and within defined spaces to identify better ways to stage, manage and coordinate equipment
- Trigger maintenance based on actual tool usage to reduce costs and improve quality
Automate Tool Audits
Ubisense Tool Management can automate and error proof the check-in, check-out procedures for tools and ensure operations are protected against Foreign Object Damage (FOD).
- Error proof tools with automated tool check-in, check-out based on real-time location of tools in storage areas
- Easily and quickly complete end-of-shift tool audits by taking a real-time inventory of the location of equipment on the shop floor or in storage
- Set alerts for potential FOD based on misplaced or missing tools
Ubisense is proud to work with leading organizations around the globe, helping improve the management of tools and equipment, using a wide variety of proven, real-time location system technology to deliver the following outcomes:
- Elimination of search-time waste
- Prevention of critical equipment flight-risk or Foreign Object Damage (FOD)
- Increased productivity and reduced process cycle time
- Reduced capital and operational costs through better resource utilization
Included as standard
Digital map of your facility imported via drawing or CAD file.
Standard map icons for displaying common spaces and tool types.
Simple import/scale/orient functions for custom icons and photos of tools.
Define different types of assets with related properties and representation icons (e.g. tool, equipment, container).
Create virtual spaces in 3 dimensions based on pre-defined space types (workstation, store, buffer etc) plus a fixed number of user definable types.
Manually assign tags to assets via an easy-to-use web form, barcode scan or CSV import.
Neatly depict location and orientation of tools within spaces and filter out distracting noise from location data.
Pre-configured searches and alerts for popular use cases, including:
- Not located (‘Lost’) with last known location
- Enter or exit of defined zones (allowed or prohibited)
- Asset nearing or due maintenance or calibration
- Associated or non-associated tags by MAC address for FOD
- Closest asset (search for closest asset matching type and properties selected)
- Display asset properties (picture, ID, type, reference, designation, zone, availability) in searches and text fields for users to enter comments related to assets
- ‘Non-moving’ assets
- Tags by battery status
- All assets by age, type and space
- Location history and time in defined spaces
- Tag battery status (low battery)
- Unassociated tags with location
- Last known asset location
- All assets with maintenance date
- Inventory report
- Location history of asset by defined spaces including dwell time
- Location history per asset over time (trail of movement overlaid on digital map)
Facility to integrate with Tooling Database, Maintenance, and Calibration/metrology systems through CSV file, RDBMS integration or API.
How can we help
transform your business?
Get in touch to discuss how Ubisense SmartSpace and Dimension4 can make your business more productive, flexible, profitable and safe.
HEAD OFFICE (UK)
ST ANDREW’S HOUSE
ST ANDREW’S ROAD
CAMBRIDGE, CB4 1DL
+44 1223 53 5170
UBISENSE AMERICA LLC
1630 WELTON STREET, SUITE 1000E
DENVER, CO 80202
+1 720 549 7553
+49 211 229733-0
52 BOULEVARD DE SÉBASTOPOL
+33 1 83 79 06 82
UBISENSE JAPAN K.K.
OTEMACHI BUILDING 6F
+81 3 4577 8372